Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go...

Well, I'm leaving on a jet plane in the morning and am very excited to be heading back to the states. I'm very excited but it seems a bit strange that I'll be "home" (Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville, & Greeley) so soon. I hadn't planned on going home at all, but when Rob Reeve gets married-well, I have to be there for that. So, you can thank or blame him for my coming back stateside for a whirlwind trip. So looking forward to seeing everyone there! Yeah!

I just had a lovely week with Christina here. Here we are having a pint in Dolans on a Saturday night (that's Charlene next to me). We went back to Dolans on Sunday for more music since on Saturday night the tunes were lovely you just couldn't hear anything. It's a lovely low key place every night of the week then Friday and Saturday you can hardly get into the door. It's a lovely pub. We're actually just home from there. Blayne plays in the Tuesday night session there.



Christina and I headed all over the south of this island and saw some amazing old abbeys-at least 4 of them dating from the 1100s to the 1300s. These two shots are from Jerpoint Abbey in County Killkenny. It is such a beautfiul place and the carving that I have the closeup shot of is on the base of a tomb in the main cathedral ruin. It is so incredible to ponder the history of these places. The church often had buildings on the land dating back as far as 600-pre-viking, pre-norse, pre-acendency. It boogles my mind how much has transpired in human history on this little island.

Had to stick this photo in. When Blayne was in the states I drove my friend Becky and her sister up to county Mayo and Sligo and Donegal. Blayne had the camera with him, so I had to wait for pics from her. This is the sunset over the sea in Westport. It was a stunning evening. Hopefully Blayne and I will get up there at some point. We have a friend who lives on one of the islands in the distance who we're hoping to stay with.

I really should be getting to bed sometime in the near future. There's a long day ahead for me tomorrow. And I have the joy of an extra hour time difference right now since Europe changed their clocks this past Sunday. Then I have the joy of losing that hour AGAIN while in the states. I know, poor, poor me. Enough rambling. See some of you very soon!! To the rest of you, much love from Ireland.

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

That is really cute blouse you got on!! where EVER did you get it?

8:09 AM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

i'm so sad that i missed you just by a few days!!! boo hoo. how about adding phoenix to your list of cities to visit?? :) but i'm happy for you. have a safe trip, have fun, get some rest (somehow), and have a great time. love you.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home