Sunday, September 25, 2005

Church Hunting

Well, the church we went to today was good in that it was a really good sermon and everything said was really Biblical. The sermon was on our need for the Gospel, so it was edifying in that way. The music, wasn't badly done...there actually was a really great trumpet player playing along really tastefully. The song choice was a bit rough for us. Lots of me & Jesus sorts of songs. One was a bit more Christ focused, but that wouldn't have been a big deal for us if there hadn't been these long pauses with the guitar still strumming between songs that people continued to randomly sing and pray and talk and praise and read. I don't doubt that these people were worshiping, and it the midst of this some people decided to share some scripture and that was good, but it was just very strange and when I thought of it as a cultural experience and asked God to make it worshipful even thought it was SO different, I did hear some truth and was encouraged, but we will keep looking for a church to go to. Pretty sure we coudn't do that every week.

So, there's that. Enjoy your church & don't take it for granted! That's today's lesson :0) And St. Pats, WE MISS YOU especially today. I came home and attempted to play some hymns on the guitar to sing along with. I'd gotten much more comfy with the piano lately for hymns and have to get MUCH better on the guitar before it's fun to sing along, and not painful (for my ears and my fingers).

Tomorrow is the lunch with everyone in Blayne's program. He's ready to get started. We're feeling pretty settled, though there are still a few more things to attend to. We are getting ready to head out to a local pub for some trad music tonight at half nine (I'm trying to get used to the local terms for time). Getting ready to enjoy my first pint of Guinness since we've been here. I know some of you are shocked and appaled (as am I a little bit). But I will savor it and think of the many of you I'd like to share a pint with and have a chat. Love you all!

6 Comments:

Blogger Red said...

Can totally ralte to your church woes! The preacher at this church we've been attenging says "ah" ALOT. Not quite as strange as your worship experience, or as unique as Jack's repetitive "there's a since in which..." but alas, something to get used to.

Have a drink for David. We saw a commercial for an Irish tour company on TV last night before we watched Ms Congeniality 2 (very funy!) and we of course thought of you. Went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch and David debated on a Guiness from the tap, but I think he's holding out until he can share one with you. :)

love you both!
red

PS--photos were beautiful. And Blatbe on the rocks S=E=X-Y!!! :) Family gatherings just won't be the same without him...

3:58 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

hahaha, you now understand my woes when i was church shopping here. but no worries, God will provide. might take a while, and you might run into a few "interesting" churches, but rest assured, God will provide. :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger mel said...

AMEN on the church shopping friends!

Hence the reason I drive an hour & 15 mins every Sunday.

Not just the music, but it is a place where the Gospel is really being preached!!

Love you guys...
OH BTW, the Titans Lost. :( It was a good game though.

I'll be updating my Blog soon as well.

10:17 AM  
Blogger mel said...

ps. Don't worry about having Gusiness for me. I will be fine without that. :)

Miss you guys a ton! *hugs*'

loveyou

ps. I have to agree with Red. DAMN Sexy Blayne.

"HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW GOOD BLAYNE LOOKS!"

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog. REALLY miss you. Excited about living vicariously through your travels, therefore very glad you have a car!
I'm sorry I didn't think sexy when I saw Blayne's pic but did think how much I miss ya'll.
Have Fun!
Jean
Will this work if I'm not a blogger? We'll see.No I must become official I guess.

4:22 PM  
Blogger David and Natalie Mash said...

Hey Blayne and Deborah, Your blog is really cool! We went to Blayne's blog too and it only has one entry as we were not surprised to see. We knew who we would be getting the scoop from. But we will reply to you, Blayne, just the same! we are very glad everything is coming together for you on your grand adventure. Hey, can we score one of those cars here in the States, and also we want a poster sized picture of Blayne posing seductively on the cliffs. Will that be on the front page of the Limerick paper with a limerick that goes "There once was a man named Blayne, who lay all day in the rain, until he awoke, that mad sexy bloke, showing his ass with no shame"? Okay, now we are done making fun of you! We are well into the age of Eric now, but you may be flattered to know that much of Eric's humor is very Blayne-like. We told him he must come up with new material and make this "Age" his own. He's working on it. Nothing much new with us. Boo hoo, I'm still pregnant! I couldn't drink at Oktoberfest! My back hurts...etc. David's hung over, as usual. We miss you guys, and we're jealous of you. We will try to keep in touch, better than when we went away. Have a splendid time! Love, The Mashes

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home