Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The end of the Rainbow

These shots were taken on the campus where the river Shannon goes through. It's beautiful. As I was strolling along taking these shots I was greeted by two dogs that I was glad to see (have I mentioned that I miss Darcy dog?-check out how she's being abused, uh, i mean loved at the cheateu de Libby/Jen/Rosemary at the blog link on the right). I met the dog's (name whisky and brandy) very kind owner, Peig & Tony Loughran and we chatted for quite a while. They live here in Limerick, have kids my age and younger and were so kind and Peig gave me her number. I think I'll call her tomorrow to see if she's into Pride and Prejudice. The movie's out here with Keira Knightly, and as much as the previews offend my sensibilites, i have to see it. If for nothing else, so that Libby & Carol & I can criticize it :0)

This is the session we went to last night in Ennis, just 20 miles up the road. The night before we went to one here in town that was fun. The one in Ennis had some tense moments as session etiquete was apparently unknown to this womand who just began playing her harmonica mid tune (in a very poor attempt to complement the music). The co-leader of the session was clearly irritated and giving her evil looks. It was funny (even I picked up on the what the heck is going on with that lady?). So, that was strange, but some of the tunes were amazing. (sans harmonica) As we drove back last night I saw stars for the first time since we've been here. I didn't realize how much I'd missed them til I saw them. I love the night sky.

I wish this picture could show how vibrant and amazing this rainbow was. We thought about going to catch the leprechaun at the end and cash in on the pot of gold :0) We drove down to see Hammy Hamilton (an amazing flute maker and tune writer-Blayne plays his tunes) and checked out his shop and he was great-so accessible and kind. He lives in the mountains and it was breathtaking, rounding curves in the road and seeing sunlit hilltops backed by rocky "mountains". Such a different sort of beauty than home. Everything is so GREEN. We're getting ready to head out to a session, so I've got to run. Lots of love!

8 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

I am jealous about you going to the session.

So, was it just everything you thought and more?

:)

Darcy IS the best dog in the whole world.

1:04 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

i don't think darcy is the best dog in the world. i think jordy is HAHAHAHA!!!

anyways, it's hard to post photos of jordy and i if i don't have a digital camera. i just got a blog, i'm not technologically savvy to have a digital camera yet.

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

oh, how did you link blayne's blog to yours (on the right side of your page.) i want to learn the cool tricks to blogging...

1:18 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Kathy,
it is in the templete. You can upload a picture of yourself too...see like me.

OH Deborah I am with you about the 'new' Sense & Sensibility. Sorry, there will never be another Mr. Darcy. ;)

4:13 PM  
Blogger David and Natalie Mash said...

Awesome pictures Deborah. It is so fun to see how things are in Ireland. It is sort of just what I pictured your lives (well Deborah's) would be...site seeing by day, music, beer and craick by night! Since you are the blog veteran, how do you put pictures on the site and how do you do links? I want to create one for baby mash. Love yous guys!

5:22 PM  
Blogger mel said...

NOPE
There isn't.

OK I am updating mine

http://nnaydolem.blogspot.com/

right now.

2:52 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

jen, i think you have addiction issues with everything in your life....

11:52 AM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

deb, do your parents wonder about your friends?? :)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home