Saturday, March 28, 2009

Erin's 2nd Bday

My folks came out for Erin's birthday. Before the party we headed up to the mountains for some fun in the snow. Erin loves to talk about the snow, but her tolerance for being in the snow is still pretty limited. We did get her a snow suit, which helps alot since she at least stays warm, but that doesn't make her feet steady and it doesn't make her like the wind :0)
Here we are doing a very little sledding. She wasn't really enjoying it this day-though yesterday we went and enjoyed the foot of snow we got on Thursday and she actually had fun sledding. It helped that I went really slowly and didn't let any snow spray in her face :0)
Here we are with the Erin sized snowman that we made.
Erin's friends Cecliy and Everett come over and play with us lots. Here's Everett and Erin enjoying Darcy's dog bed.The party was so much fun. I know that there were some adults here, but I hardly spoke to them-it was kids, kids, kids-and lots of fun. All you really need with this age kiddos is a bunch of balloons :0)
And of course, cake is a must.... Here's our sesame street cake that I made. Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting-yummy! I figure until she has a favorite I'll just make what I love :0) She didn't seem to mind inhaling it. As for the candle blowing out, we should maybe have practiced the idea before-hand. She wasn't really into it...
Finally, she said "Mommy do it!" and I offered to help...

Our dear friend, Sara Heimbecker (she was also our birth coach if you recall) does pre-school music classes that are AMAZING. She brought her box of goodies and the kids sang and played and had a ball! Here we are tapping our sticks behind our backs...
Playing with our scarves to the music...
More tapping our sticks together...
Thanks to Sara for making that 35 minutes fly by with so much fun!
After our friends left we opened a few presents. Thomas the Tank Engine is one of Erin's favorite things in the world. So, we got a Thomas train and track. She just loves that thing!
We were also able to take my parents to one of the first sessions at Patrick's Irish Pub which our friend Greg opened just across the street from our house. That mirror in this next pic used to be in our house-it was our Christmas present to Greg. Looks better in his pub than it did in our living room :0) Blayne leads a session there every Thursday night now. So much fun! And Erin loves to "go to pub!"

Here's Erin helping me play the drum.And here's my Mom and Dad with Erin enjoying the music (and keeping Erin entertained so I could play some drum on my own :0)It was a great visit and I know that only catches me up to over a month ago... We had a wonderful trip down south and saw lots of family. I'll have to get on the ball about getting some pics up from that. Red put some on their blog: http://davidandred.blogspot.com/2009/03/family-time.html Lots of love to you all from snowy CO!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

i love how erin knows "go to pub". :) still waiting for prego pics....

9:00 PM  
Blogger Sunshine Eyes said...

So cute! Erin is getting so big. I love the shot of her playing with the scarf, and the pictures of the pub. How much did you have to pay Greg to open Patrick's across the street from you all. I can't imagine a better set up! :) I miss you, friend ... Great to get more glimpses into your life. xoxo

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home