Sunday, August 17, 2008

Workin' on a building...

Last Wednesday morning at 5 am as Jen and I left to hike Flattop Mountain Blayne was up and waiting for the crew of workers to come and start demolition on the facade. Work began and you can see the first 3 days of progress on the gallery at Blayne's Blog He did a slide show for each day-so be sure to check out all three of them (on day 2 there's some great shots of Erin for those who need to see new pics of her ;0) Its fun to see the progress! There's still quite a bit of work to be done, but its so inspiring!

Jen and I really enjoyed our only summit hike this summer. I'd forgotten how glorious it is to be on the trail early. We were at the summit at 9:15am. Here are some shots from our hike.

A friendly marmot (a bit too tame, I'm afraid).


view from the summit of Flattop Mountain.


Here's a random, but favorite shot of Erin from a hike earlier this summer :)


Starting Wednesday night I started having elevated heart rate issues which usually happens when I'm getting too much thyroid medicine-only problem with that theory is that I'm off medicine and have been for months. My doc gave me drugs to slow down my heart, and the jury's out on which makes me feel worse-the problem or the "cure". So, I'll spend tomorrow trying to get an appointment soon (and that's the tricky part) with an endocrinologist here in town. Hopefully I'll be feeling better for our weekend getaway-we'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary this weekend! Off to the mountains for us. Yeah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katy Bowser said...

Wow, ten years! I was just using the industrial strength spoon and bowl that I bought to make 150 scones for your wedding! And Devonshire cream in Atmore, AL in summer...amazing.
I miss you guys terribly, wish I had a hike with you and Jen! Love to you, across the miles.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home