Sunday, March 02, 2008

Erin turns 1

It's hard for me to believe that Erin is actually a year old. Crazy how time flies. My folks were here to celebrate with us and before the "big day" we headed to the mountains. Here they are standing for the first time in their lives on a frozen lake. We went around and out on a lake up in Rocky Mtn. National Park. I've missed the mountains this winter.

Here's Erin admiring a tree and playing with the needles. I love to tell her all
about deciduous and evergreen trees, proud nerd that I am :0)

We had a fun get together with a few friends on Sunday afternoon to celebrate Erin's birthday. There were 3 other little girls who Erin plays with that came over too. Here's Audrey and her mom, Amy.

Here's Kathryn with her mom Christine, Jen, Libby and Mel on the couch and that's Alianna and her mom Jordan who's helping Erin "walk".

Here's Erin and I in front of her "cake".

Rather than make a big cake I decided to do cupcakes and just spell her name in them and make one just for her.

At first she just touched the cake and made faces because she couldn't get the stuff off of her hands...

Then she actually licked one of her fingers and and delightfully cried "OOOHHHHH!" Suddenly realizing this stuff was actually quite tasty, she dug in with great gusto.

Here she is before we cleaned her up. Happy with her first sugar high.

It was a fun day, though she had a stomach bug two days before it and again the next day (I have never seen anything more pitiful than a vomiting baby-so sad!). I'm mostly over the sleep deprivation caused by a sick baby. There's other exciting things going on around here, so hopefully I'll get to blog again soon. I had to get these up since its been two weeks. I was having trouble with my iphoto settings, but Blayne saved the day! Lots of love from CO!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine Eyes said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE! I love the tree picture, your parents standing on the frozen lake and the sugar high at the end! I think we could put that photo next to the one of Brooks and do an adorable "first birthday" set! :) Love you and wish I had been there to squeeze her in person. It will be so fun to have you all here!!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Red said...

Yeah! I love the picture with the icing all over her face - what fun! =0)

Can't wait to see you - just a week now!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the photos Deborah - you are so good at keeping in touch. I'm just going to give Blayne a ring now about places to play in CO. Brian and I are planning a trip in the fall.....Talk soon. Norah ps. the cupcake shots were making me HUNGRY!!!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger "Jeneric" said...

If I remember correctly, you shoved your finger with cupcake icing on it into her mouth while she screamed...then she enjoyed the sugar bliss! :-) She doesn't just look like Blayne!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home