Saturday, August 23, 2008

10 years!?!

Today is our 10th anniversary and we're just back from a wonderful 2 nights away in the mountains. Jen and Eric were kind enough to keep Erin at their house overnight with Jean and Kathy helping out during the work days. Seems like Erin had lots of fun! We were sent several picture texts showing her enjoying splashing in water and playing the kennels at the Parrish's Click here to see Erin's adventures. As for us, we had a nice little hike up to Dream Lake (even though I got stung by something in my face right below my eye-OUCH!). Here's Blayne there.

Mostly we just relaxed in our cabin, enjoyed our hot-tub, ate yummy food and hung out in the mountains. Here we are enjoying a sunset.

I was looking at some of our wedding pics. Surrounded by so many wonderful friends and our family-it was such a sweet time. It seems very natural that we've been together that long-but at the same time, it just doesn't seem possible that it really was that long ago! I can't really be that old, can I?! :0)
Here's the random image for the day-this is the sunset from our building over the roof of the courthouse a few nights ago. They're often beautiful, but this one I just had to get the camera for.

Erin just gave us the best anniversary present ever-she finally took her first steps today! She's 18 months and even though you know its bound to happen, you start to wonder :0) She'd taken a few steps at this point and I finally got out the camera for this one...

Lots of love to you all. Thinking back over the last 10 years is amazing-I love my crazy wonderful husband! And I'm so thankful for all of my dear friends-the ones far away and the ones near.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hope Foley said...

Finally! Now she can teach Ivee. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. In two weeks it will be our 13th. OMG! Can you believe how old we are! Take care, and tell Erin that she has to keep practicing so she and hopefully Ivee can run around together at Christmas time! Love ya,
Hope

2:04 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Oh Deborah - I love the video!!!!! I just teared up watching it. It's so exciting to see her finally walking and I love your reaction to her taking off for her daddy.

Happy Anniversary guys! We love you!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on both big days! On the one hand it seems like it was just yesterday that we all celebrated with y'all down in Atmore, but, on the other hand, it seems like you two have always been together.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Sunshine Eyes said...

Congrats on 10 years! It was a great day and a wonderful celebration with all those fun family and friends.

Love the walking video. My gosh, she's cute. Just get ready, she's going to be running next week!! :)

We miss you guys. Lots of love. xoxo

6:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your 10 year anniversary. I think you staged the video with emotional music in the background to make us all cry! So, now for the walking stage... Lots of love to all three of you. xxNorah

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it either...how good God is - to give us such friends!!
love you much,
jean

11:12 AM  
Blogger Katharine F. Bedsole said...

Almost makes me cry - thinking of knowing you two so long and watching her walk/hearing your reaction.

Miss you three lots and so glad for these good things. He wasn't kindin' when He called it good.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Congrats on 10 years!!! I can't believe it's been that long; the memories of that happy day are so vivid! How wonderful that you caught Erin's first steps on video, too. I actually teared up, guess motherhood has ruined me for life! :)

Your pics make me want to see CO in person!!

Lots of love to you guys!

Ruth

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten years...it seems like those days were about 3 months ago! You know, I have a permanent association with you and that Carpenters song now...who else but you would jump up and lead your entire crowd in song--and actually get us to sing it! I'd love for you to post a couple of pics from the wedding archive...

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home