Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Any Day Now

Well, as of right now the Chastain baby has not yet made her entrance into the world. I've had lots of emails and phone messages from some of you that have made me feel very loved. Sadly, I have not had the energy to respond to them-but I appreciate them tons! I am still doing the day to day for whistle and drum, finishing getting the nursery ready (the crib just came yesterday) and trying to make sure things are "in order" (whatever the heck that means) for this little one to come into our lives.

I alternate from lots of energy to utter exhaustion with very little warning which I find annoying. At least I have the entertainment of watching my belly contort as this little one tries to get comfy in there. I'm ready for her to make her exit so that I can have my body back (though I know I won't have my life back the same every again, at least I'll be able to bend, twist, run, dance, and play again).

Here's a pictures of my very big belly taken today.
My due date is technically next Tuesday, the 20th, but I've been considered "full term" since the 6th. I have contractions all the time, but they're the practice kind (called Braxton Hicks contractions) that are just getting things ready and they aren't actually labor contractions. I'm looking forward to having a contraction that I can't have a conversation through. :0) I know, that's enough pregnancy talk, but with this belly and impending parenthood, I haven't been able to think about much else.

Here are pics of our nusery which is as ready as its going to be, for now. I want to get some more things on the walls, but its ready for a baby-which is what we're most interested in.

The rocker and dolls are from my childhood. My folks brought them out along with the cradle that my siblings and I (and my sister's three kids) slept in. She'll be sleeping in the crib overnight right by our bed for the first few months. (That way I won't have to go too far for all those nightly feedings :0)

The quilt on the wall was made for us by "Granny" Roberts.

In the window is a trinity knot in stain glass that Jane (Blayne's mom) made for us and we thought looked lovely in the little window.

So, that's the nursery. Hopefully VERY soon we'll be letting you know of our new arrival.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hope Foley said...

Hey Deb, I recognize that chair and the dolls. Feels Weird! It is so exciting to hear you talk about your pregnancy. Not long ago (and 7 to ten years ago) I knew exactly how that felt. I wish I could go back 9 months ago knowing what I know now, but Ivee is doing well. My friends are praying for you (and Diane's Katie). And believe me, my blog fans are consistant prayers. I can't wait to see and meet your bundle of joy. :) EXCITING

7:12 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

tell the baby to hurry!!!! :)

8:36 PM  
Blogger mel said...

HEY LITTLE Chastain! come on out we want to see you.

*hugs*

love you guys a ton!!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're getting my messages. I miss talking to you but totally understand what you mean about not having energy! Can't wait to hear that the little one has arrived. By the way, are you going to tell us what name you've picked????

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home