Monday, February 19, 2007

Erin Elizabeth Chastain Makes her Entrance

Yesterday, Feb. 18th at 10:03 a.m. Miss Erin Elizabeth Chastain made her entrance into the world weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces (3.51 kg) and measuring 19.75 inches (50.165 cm) long. We are all doing well and glad to be home from the hospital. I'd hoped to get these images up a bit sooner today, but between napping and having visitors the day has gotten away from me. I have a little video that I wanted to put up, but I need to figure out how to do that first, so maybe tomorrow.

Here's our first "Family Portrait" just a few minutes after she was born.
Here's one of us admiring her cuteness. We sort of expected the scrawny bald alien baby look (since that's what I think I looked like-though my folks might disagree) and here she came with lots of blonde hair and plump cheeks and her daddy's mouth :0)

We were so blessed to have our friend Sara be our birth coach. Here she is proud of her "students" just after the birth. It was so wonderful to have her involved and for her to be present for labor and delivery. She was such an encouragement.

Our friend Natalie is a nursery nurse at our hospital and was wonderful enough to come in when she wasn't scheduled and be our baby nurse! She was there helping us through delivery (she was my ice chip supply) and took care of Erin right after she was born. It was amazing to have a delivery room full of people who cared so much about us!

I promise more details and photos, but just wanted to get something posted since we are so far from so many of you! I will also post more details of the labor and delivery for those who are interested (I'll put up a warning for those who are not). Hope you're all well and I'll put up more stuff soon.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! And I am so happy for all of you! This is crazy - I'm crying!!! So, so, so happy! This comment makes no sense, but you know what I mean, right? ;-) Can't wait for more pictures! Love you!

4:22 AM  
Blogger mel said...

HURRAY! so happy she is here!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Zacheriah and Kristin Kramer said...

Congratulations!

Way to beget!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Hope Foley said...

YEAH! I'm so in the boat with Diane. Tears came a "rising". You are in the club now. This is so exciting. She looks so pretty.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Rieves love Erin's name and are so glad to see you joined the girl club!
We cannot wait to meet the little princess. ENJOY!

8:30 AM  
Blogger What I Did On My Summer Vacation said...

I must say a huge "BRAVO!" to both Deborah and Blayne. Both were amazing and Deborah is a goddess. Doesn't Deborah look radiant? (Blayne looks a little less so.)

I also have to say that it was really incredible witnessing Erin's birth knowing that church had just started and that there was an entire community devoted to prayer for this family. We think Erin must have been born around the time of the Offertory. What an awesome offering from (and to!) God is this little one.

Thank you to St. Pats for all the love and support. I love you guys!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Red said...

I love her, I can't wait to touch her sweet little face and give her (and her parents) big hugs! Just a few weeks and we'll get to meet! :)

Love you...we're now praying for sleep!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations you two!!!! What a beautiful name you have chosen for your daughter. Can't believe how fast things change - I'm over here at Old Windy driving the micra and you have a little girl!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you that you are all happy and healthy and I will have to find a way to come and see you! Lots of love, Norah

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deborah, she's GORGEOUS! She arrived looking so perfect, and non-mushed!! You look angelic! Blayne looks happy and perhaps a tiny bit shell-shocked? Warmest congratulations to all three of you. I can't wait to wrap my auntie-SC arms around her! :) I look forward to hearing about the birth experience. I'm praying for good sleep for you three now that you're home and lots of care and love to the new mommy as you're recovering. So thrilled for you guys. xoxoxo

12:01 PM  
Blogger Pemberly said...

She is beautiful and you guys look well. Congratulations!!!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Katy Bowser said...

Oh my, she's beautiful. Thanks so much for the video for those of us who are far- can't wait to show Kenny and the Nashvillians. We send our love and are counting the days until we're in Greeley.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Katy Bowser said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay thats my name too! schweet.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting. What a great name too!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home