Thursday, November 10, 2005

I love Paris in the Fall

Ok, I know it's stupid to blog about Paris with no pictures, but I felt the need to let you know that we just got to Geneva from Paris today and we are fine and had an amazing time. Apparently the news there was showing footage of the riots and was made to sound like it was IN Paris. We heard nothing about the riots while there. It was very far out of the heart of Paris. So, we are safe. And now, with all that said, about our time in Paris. What a city. Our top floor room had two balcony windows. My bed looked right out of one. If I sat on the end of the bed I looked out along our Latin Quarter Street at wrought iron balconies covered in flowers. If I sat at the head of the bed I saw the towers, spire & flying buttresses of Notre Dame a few blocks over across the Seine. It was stunning. I've never felt so at peace in a city. It has a beauty, mystery & energy I've never experienced before with history and stunning beauty crammed into every nook and cranny. I wished we'd stayed longer. We're in Geneva now and are off to Mont Blanc tomorrow. This hotel has wireless. Yipee! So, if we're not too crazy busy the next few days I might get a chance to write more. For now, good night dear friends. Or, good afternoon where you are. Love, Deb.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this is me, the other musketeer. savannahb is my screen name. i'll tell you later. anywho - i love that feeling of peace that comes in the most unexpected places. it is a double gift - the beaty of the place and also of the peace inside you. i love you. hello to your family and safe travels.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beauty

4:18 PM  
Blogger mel said...

[meg ryan in french kiss]

I love Paris in the spring time...I love Paris in the fall, I love Paris where my finance' is there with his slut girlfriend. [/meg ryan in french kiss]

Seriously though...I am glad you are all safe.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually Meg Ryan Says "I hate Paris in the spring time i hate paris in the fall, i hate paris oh why oh why do i hate paris because..my love is there with his slut girlfriend" i love that movie! mwhhahahaha...well it's good to see that you are doing well miss you!

12:08 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

good to know that your having fun deb. but is it really "vacation" when you are lugging your laptop around? funny how we get excited these days that we have wireless while on vacation.

deb, aren't you teh one that said you would like it if you could live in the wilderness without a watch? :)

ps. i think your dog is getting to be a bit much for her stepmom. i'm going to colorado the first week of january, will u pay for darcy to be shipped back to arizona with me? jordy and her would have a grand ol' time and plus, she wouldn't be humped like cache does her. jordy is a very loving dog- just not in the doggie lesbian way. :)

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home